- In the week after Easter from April 7th, 2021, we received the first few vaccine doses.
- When allocating vaccines, we are bound by the vaccination ordinance (Impfverordnung). This means that we can only vaccinate patients with severe chronic diseases.
- In the first step, we will contact particularly vulnerable patients and invite them to be vaccinated.
- We recommend all of our patients who have already received vaccination invitations from the Senate Administration, to follow the invitation and book an appointment at a vaccination center.
- In particular, please refrain from making inquiries about this topic by telephone.
Irrespective of the above the following procedures are still in place:
Invitations for vaccination for people aged 70 years or more are sent by the Senate Administration for Health, Care and Equality (Senatsverwaltung für Gesundheit, Pflege und Gleichstellung)
The Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Berlin established a procedure for chronically ill people with public health insurance (gesetzliche Krankenversicherung): As a first step, the Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Berlin will invite chronically ill patients that suffer from diseases listed under § 3 of the Coronavirus-Impfverordnung. Here is a link to more detailed information at Kassenärztliche Vereinigung (German)
People with chronic illnesses who are not insured by gesetzliche Krankenversicherung (private health insurance, persons without health insurance) need a medical certificate and need to contact the Senatverwaltung in order to get an invitation to vaccinate. Further details: Pressemitteilung Senatsgesundheitsverwaltung (German)
Please note that currently only patients with diseases listed under § 3 (i.e severe lung or liver disease, organ recipients after transplantation, active malignancies) are invited.
Patients with diseases listed under § 4 (i.e. Asthma, HIV, heart disease) are currently not invited for vaccination.
All this applies to people who live in Berlin. If you live outside Berlin, we kindly ask you to inform yourself about the regulations of your federal state.
We will inform you at this point if there are any changes. Last Update 08.04.2021